hat model do you need ?
A model is a unique piece. But there are various types of models for specific use.
-The model which represents your creation. It can be made with noble or exotic materials, it represents the volume without the details. This model is more a sculpture than a traditional model.
- The white model, called TYPOS : it’s the more simple model : the building and its environment are white and only the glazed surfaces are transparent.
- The Hybrid TYPO model : the building is white and its envrionment is realistic, or realistic with a white environment.
- The realistic model is the exact reproduction with colours and shapes of your project.
- These models can be equipped with lighting, protection windows, feet etc…
- These types of models can be delivered to you in fixed version or mobile version.
- These types of models can be used as communication models on selling sites, exhibitions, shows.
- If your model has to travel by plane, this type of model is made to resist and can carry some specificities such as handles, flying case etc.
- The most common scales are: 1/ 25 1/50 1/100 1/200 and of course we can realize custom scales.
-Interior design model
- Represent the interior of a bulding
- White model called TYPOS : the Inside of the building is represented with those white layouts.
- The ‘running’ model : interior of a building in shapes and colours respecting every detail of your project.
- Most common scales for the interior design models from 1/100 to 1/25
Topographical map, relief design
We can make topographical models.There is different categories.
- Model called TYPOS made with cardboard and cork, sharp or cut down section stratums to represent fields.
- The ‘running’ model made with polyurethane foam and cut down section with vegetation realistic representation.
- In this type : models fileds, town planning and landscape layouts, settlement relief.
- The most common scales goes from 1/5000 to1/1000 for the fields
- from 1/ 2500 to 1/ 500 , 1/600 (for the museum relief design) town planning and landscape layouts
- from 1/500 to 1/50 for garden models.
- 1/100 for the traffic plans with moving vehicles.
- Industrial models
MAQUETTE D'ART DE TOURAINE makes industrial models for an internal or external use.
We can also reproduce your product in miniature for a use as company gift in small series of 50 to 200 pieces or 200 to 500 pieces.
Model of building, factories, warehouse and various installations : see the architectural model section.
Making process, object prototypes, object details can be made in TYPOS or running model.
The making scale of the industrial building models are the same as architectural models.
Scale of objects making from 1/20 to 1/2 and even 1/1
Scale of making of an object’s detail
- For a big object : 1/8 1/10 1/20 1/25 1/50
- For a Small object 10/ 1 2/1 3/1 1/1 etc.
- Scale of reproduction of a vehicle 1/8 1/10 1/18 1/25 1/50 1/ 43 1/87
- Scale of reproduction of an aircraft 1/8 1/10 1/32 1/48 1/72 1/144
- Scale of reproduction of a ship 1/ 30 1/50 1/75 1/100 1/350 1/750
MAQUETTE D'ART DE TOURAINE can make models for museums
- For the reconstitutions of buildings see the architectural model section.
- For the topographical model see topographical model section
- The Diorama is the representation of an historical fact or of the daily life of the past, of a natural environment. There are 2 categories
- With perspective, this diorama is only visible from front. It’s ideal to represent a street scene, an harbour scene etc.
- Without perspective, this diorama is 360 ° visible, it bring a complete vision of a scene.
- The diorama is an educational and didactic
- The scales used for the diorama go from 1/ 6 to 1/160 and the most common are 1/35 1/43 1/87 ème.
The making scale should be chosen according to the use of the model. We ill choose a bigger scale for a fixed model and a smaller scale for a model that’s gonna be handled a lot.
Whatever your project be, do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help you !